Proxy Access Management Parent/Guardian FAQ

Q: How do I access the Proxy Access Management system?

A: Authorized users will receive two e-mails when the student initiates their access to the system.  One will contain a URL and the other an Initial Password.  Use this URL and Initial Password to establish your new pin/password. 

If you have already set up your account, you may access the system via

Q: My student previously authorized me to view information, but now I see "No Results Found". What should I do?

A: Contact your student to review the authorizations. The student may need to update the stop date for the authorization.  The college also upgraded to a newer version of the Proxy system in August 2022, your user information did not change, but the students need to update the Authorizations for the new system. 

Q: I am having trouble navigating the Proxy system, how do I get back to the main page?

A: The College of Charleston logo in the top left corner will take you back to the Proxy Access Management home page. 

Q: What if I have questions about the information I am authorized to view?

A: If the proxy has questions about the information they are viewing, they should contact the student directly.  Proxy access does not authorize College of Charleston personnel to communicate with authorized proxies. To authorize this type of communication, students must complete a FERPA Consent Form. For more information on FERPA, please visit  

Q: I can't remember my password/PIN.  What should I do?

A: Authorized users can change their password by going to the Proxy Access Management login and selecting the "Forgot Password". An e-mail will be sent to their e-mail address with a unique link and an Action Password. Use the Action Password as the "Old PIN" in the PIN reset process.  Authorized users can also contact their student who has the ability to reset the pin.

Q: My e-mail address is changing, what should I do?

A: On your profile page, update your e-mail address and click Save. The system will then send two e-mail messages. The first will be sent to your old e-mail address to inform you that a request for a change from this address has occurred.  If  the request was done in error, there is a unique link to click to cancel the change. A second e-mail will be sent to your new e-mail address indicating that a change to this address was initiated.  This e-mail will contain a unique link to click confirming the change.

Q: On the profile page, I am asked for a state and zip code but this is not applicable for my address. What should I do?
A: The issue with international addresses has been raised to the vendor's attention. Until a solution is found, please temporarily enter "South Carolina" as the state and "99999" as the zip code.  This will not change your address or emergency contact information anywhere in the College of Charleston system.

Q: How long will I have access to the system?

A: The student controls how long proxies have access to the system.  Students may revoke this access at any time.  Students are asked to review their proxy authorizations and expiration dates each semester.

Q: Does the Proxy Access Management system give me access to my student's bill?

A: No, eBill is a separate system.  Please visit the Treasurer's Office website for more information.

Q: In addition to being a parent or guardian of a student, I am also a College of Charleston employee.  Is there anything special I need to know when I am given access?

A: Yes, your employee role needs to be differentiated from your proxy role in the system.  If you are viewing your student's information, please view it in a different web browser than you use for your MyCharleston access.  If you attempt to view in the same browser, you may see your student's information when you want to see your own.  If this does happen, clear the browser cache completely and try again.