Transcript requests may be made through MyCharleston or in person at the Office of the Registrar on the second floor of the Lightsey Center. The Office of the Registrar does not accept transcript requests or payment by mail, email, telephone or fax. All in-person requests for official transcripts must be presented with a receipt for payment from the College of Charleston Treasurer’s Office and a photo ID.
Instructions for Transcripts Through MyCharleston
Current and former College of Charleston students request official transcripts, view unofficial transcripts, and view the status of their requests through MyCharleston. General instructions for these functions are listed below:
- Login to MyCharleston
- Select either the Academic Services or the Alumni tab
- Look for the Banner Self-Service channel
- Click the Banner Self-Service folder
- Click the Student folder
- Click the Student Records folder
- Click one of the following, depending on your need:
- Request Official Transcript
- Unofficial Academic Transcript
- View Status of Transcript Requests
For additional, more detailed information, please review the MyCharleston Request and Access Quick Guide or select a topic below in the Additional Information section.
Processing Timelines and Fees
- Online request: 1-2 business days
- Walk-in request to pick-up: same day
- Walk-in request to Mail: up to 5 business days
- Pick-up: $12 per copy; may be processed while you wait
- Standard Mail Fee: $12 per copy; allow up to two weeks after processing for delivery
- FedEx: Overnight delivery takes place after processing; cannot deliver to a PO Box; street address and phone number required for the recipient; tracking information sent to student's email address on file.
- U.S. FedEx Overnight Delivery: $28 per copy
- International FedEx Delivery: $52 per copy
- I am a Teacher Recertification Student. How do I request a transcript?
- How can I get help logging in to MyCharleston?
- Who should I contact if I have a hold on my account preventing my transcipt request?
- How can I send an additional documentation attachment with my transcript?
- What could delay my transcript request?
- Are my transfer credits and test scores displayed on my transcript?
- How will I know if my transcript is authentic?
- How can I get more information about transcripts and my FERPA rights?
- How can I request a transcript but not have it sent until all of my grades and/or my degree are posted?
- How can I get a transcript if I completed my coursework at College of Charleston prior to 1976?
- For assistance accessing your MyCharleston account, contact HelpDesk at 843.953.3375.
- Financial concerns or holds should be directed to the Treasurer's Office at 843.953.5572.
- For further questions regarding transcripts, contact the Registrar's Office at 843.953.5668 or e-mail the Transcript Coordinator.