Course Offerings and Registration Entry Times
What courses are being offered?
Semester course offerings, along with time, location and faculty information can be searched using the link below:
Enrolled students can use the "Look Up Classes" link in the Registration Tools channel on the Academic Services tab in MyCharleston.
When can students register?
Currently enrolled undergraduate students register for courses by assigned entry time with the Registration Tools channel on the Academic Services tab in MyCharleston. The entry time schedule is based on the hours that you have earned. This does not include the hours in which you are currently enrolled. To view the registration schedule click on the link below:
Senior citizen registration takes place on the next business day after drop/add each fall and spring semester. Contact Senior Citizen Admissions for more information.
How do I know if I have a registration hold?
- Locate the Registration Tools channel on the Academic Services tab.
- Click on the Registration Status link to view your registration eligibility.
- Select the Term for which you plan to register.
- Click the Submit button.
- The next screen will indicate whether or not you have any holds that would prevent registration.
- If you have a hold on your account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the View Holds link to see who placed the hold on your account.
- It is best not to wait until your scheduled registration day to resolve a hold.
Only the department who placed the hold can remove the hold from your account. For example, only the Treasurer's Office can remove a Treasurer hold. Here is a list of common holds and contacts:
- Mandatory Advising or Missing Major Hold - 843-953-5981
- Past due Balance or Billing Hold – 843.953.5572
- Library Fines - 843.953.8001
- Controller’s Office - 843.953.5570
- Financial Aid - 843.953.5540
- Parking Fines - 843.953.7834
All students are required to acknowledge and submit the Student Financial Responsibility Form before they will be able to register for classes each semester.All student are required to verify their current contact information prior to course registration each semester. Failure to keep this contact information updated may result in a student’s inability to enter the course registration module of MyCharleston.
Cross-Registration is a specific registration agreement between the College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, and MUSC during the Fall and Spring terms only. Qualified students should fill out the form below and bring it in person to the Registrar's Office (mailed, faxed, or e-mailed forms will not be processed). For questions concerning Undergraduate Cross-Registration, e-mail the Office of the Registrar or call 843.953.5668.
For questions concerning Graduate Cross-Registration, e-mail the Graduate School or call 843.953.5614.
If you are 60 years old or older, and a resident of South Carolina, you can enroll in classes at the College of Charleston. These students may be working toward a degree, auditing classes or taking courses for personal enrichment. You do not have to pay tuition, but you will be responsible for a $25 registration fee, the costs of books, and any additional course fees when applicable. Senior citizens must apply through the Admissions office (for undergraduate courses) or Graduate School (for graduate coursees) for this program.